Saturday 4 June 2011

Q.P.R, Norwich and Swansea City

Hi, this is now my 4th blog entry and for this entry I would like to discuss the 3 promoted teams and how I think they will get on in next seasons premier league. I'll start off by congratulating all three teams who had amazing seasons in the championship and can be very proud of their efforts and I hope all three of them stay up as I always like to see promoted teams survive their first season as long as its not on Newcastles expense obviously.

I will start off with the champions of the championship which is QPR who had a memorable season and sealed promotion even with the transfer saga circulating the club for several months. Adel Taarabt was key in their promotion and they have some brilliant championship players such as shaun Derry, Fitz Hall, Peter Ramage, Helguson, Paddy Kenny etc. However I don't think they will survive unless they spend big as most of their players are unproven in the premier league as Wayne Routledge as proven on several occasions he is a brilliant championship player but has for some reason never managed to do it in the premier league despite his huge potential and I hope he does finally prove it but I doubt he will. Unless they spend big I just cant see them staying up however I hope they do I just cant see it - My Verdict 19th

I might as well do them in order which leads to Norwich City who got the other automatic promotion place who proved many people wrong and secured promotion despite been in league One the season before and have a great manager in Paul Lambert and have probably been the most active team already in the transfer window making a big start signing some good players to add to the team and getting in their early which surely would be a benefit the team. I honestly think they will survive under the guidance of Paul Lambert if he stays for the full season and if they continue adding to the team like they are doing at this current time and i think they will stay up obviously it will be a hard task and it may go down to the last game but I honestly think they'll stay up - My Verdict 17th

Finally the last team that was promoted was Swansea who put in a stellar performance in the play off final beating reading 4-2 however despite that performance and the fantastic achievement of promotion and being the first Welsh team to grace the premiership i think due to the style of football that Swansea play i think they will become to exposed and will find it difficult to win games and also there players may not be good enough for the premiership and if Brendan Rodgers buys new players they might not fit into the style of the play but at the end of the day he is a successful manager who knows what he will be doing to keep them up whereas I'm just a guy who watches football and blogs my opinions. Unfortunately i think Swansea will be relegated and not just relegated but well and truly relegated as I simply don't think they are good enough. -  My Verdict 20th

Thanks for reading this entry, hope you have enjoyed reading sorry to any fans of the teams i said wouldn't survive, I really hope they do prove me wrong

1 comment:

  1. very good article despite you thinking the mighty swans will go down, unfortunatly i think you may be right but we'll still enjoy the season anyway
    JACK ARMY!

    ReplyDelete